[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg: how to output over HTTP

Glenn W wolfe.t.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 03:05:19 EET 2019

Thank you Moritz,

I did not know that I was running Wireshark on the wrong network interface
- that makes a lot more sense now.

Please see the new attached PCAP file with a sample of the correct
Wireshark output bound to localhost. (had to gzip this one since it was
pretty big) ;

I do see some VERY sporadic HTTP POST headers, I could only find 1 out of
over 6000 and it came at the very end (see Frame 6137 of the sample).
Further, it appears that Wireshark does not even recognize this POST as
HTTP protocol. I am wondering if this is the expected behavior? It seems
very strange to me.

BTW I could actually share a small sample of the actual output since it was
so big (ffmpeg user mail list would not allow) - but there were 5000+
packets before that looked similar with zero HTTP headers whatsoever.

Since my video server (receiver) sits behind an HTTP load balancer, it will
need to see an HTTP route in order receive the packets from the FFmpeg
client (sender).

If I can get an HTTP route through to the receiver, I am thinking I could
use the below to maintain a persisted connection so that rest of data
packets can just be sent over TCP:

*multiple_requests*
*Use persistent connections if set to 1, default is 0.*

Please advise. Really appreciate your help with debugging this issue.

Best,
Glenn W