[FFmpeg-user] Writing Bext Chunk to Wav

michael gates mf.gates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 00:50:08 EET 2019

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble finding any documentation about how to write a
bext chunk when converting to a WAV file.  I can find the option *-write_bext
1* which makes it a version 1 BWF.

I need to be able to write metadata for the Originator and Originator
Reference fields.
I have found that support was added for writing a bext string in 2011:
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-cvslog/2011-July/038976.html (see about
halfway down)
but how to invoke the arguments properly, I can't seem to find anywhere. I
know that FADGI has the BWF MetaEdit tool but I was hoping to cut a step in
my process and add the metadata during file conversion using ffmpeg.

Thank you for your help.

*Mike Gates*