[FFmpeg-user] -analyzeduration ??M -probesize ??M

Ron Barnes rbarnes at njdevils.net
Sun Mar 31 14:32:37 EEST 2019

Hi All,

I usually add the following two switches to my encoding command before the -i (Input file) and then the rest of my switches.  If I leave the commands out, then I notice that the file statistics are omitted from the display window.

My question is, do these two switches enhance the encoding procedure by supplying ffmpeg with additional file data or is it simply informational for the user?  Does ffmpeg use this data?

-analyzeduration 85000000M -probesize 85000000M

Thanks,

-Ron