[FFmpeg-user] Convert just audio and preserve original video?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu May 9 12:18:11 EEST 2019

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 08:25:07 -0400, Ron Barnes wrote:

> Is there a way to assign a frequency to the audio when converting?
> The good sounding version has EAC @ 48000 Hz. When I convert it, it
> says EAC and unknown, no Hz. It sounds better but still low.

Who says "EAC and unknown, no Hz"? Possibly you are just tinkering with
cosmetics here, without improving anything.

ffmpeg retains the input's sample rate. If it was 44100, the output
will have that as well. It won't sound better if you convert it to
48000. (If you do need to convert, use the output option "-ar 48000".)

You failed to write which of my suggestions you actually followed, and
"Have you checked whether the volume on the audio track is actually
low?".

Cheers,
Moritz