[FFmpeg-user] Facebook Live API ( RTMPS )

Michalis Odysseos mikeodysseos at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:32:13 EEST 2019

Hi all,

Feels a bit weird to be addressing everyone in the email list but if this
is how it's done I will get used to it :)

My issue with the latest build (as well as the 4.1.3) is that I cannot
stream to RTMPS, as per the new requirements of Facebook Live API. I know
it can be done with other software, but I would never have the flexibility
of FFMPEG :) Also because I use it together with youtube-dl.

I don't know if I'm missing something, since it works on my Mac. When I run
the same command on Powershell I get an error. Then I proceeded with using
a different command, something much simpler and I got the same
error message, so I thought maybe is a bug of ffmpeg builds for windows?

Sample command:
ffmpeg -i $(youtube-dl -f 300 -g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioi8gJsYwaI)
-acodec aac -vcodec libx264 -f flv rtmps://
live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/......

Error:

[rtmps @ 000001e8583ef4c0] Cannot open connection tls://
live-api-s.facebook.com:443
rtmps://
live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/10161625965950332?s_bl=1&s_sml=0&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwOTS-GzuT7YMrU:
Resource temporarily unavailable

Best Regards
Mike