[FFmpeg-user] creating HLS live stream and deleting old file from hard disk

Venkateswaran.S venketeswaran2015 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:48:47 EEST 2019

Hi All,

I want to create an HLS live stream and needs to delete old chunks from my
hard disk. As of now, I'm using below commands to create segments and
manifest file from a local mp4 file.

ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -map 0 -codec:v libx264 -codec:a copy -f hls -hls_time
10 -hls_list_size 10 -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_segment_filename
'chunk%03d.ts' playlist.m3u8

but it's not deleting old chunks and also " -hls_playlist_type " option is
only available for "vod" and "event". how do I flag my stream is live .?

Regards,
Venkateswaran.S