[FFmpeg-user] Piping raw video from ffmpeg

Verachten Bruno gounthar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:37:12 EET 2019

Thanks Carl Eugen, that worked. I will have a look at the pix_fmt option.
I now have to find how to pipe correctly to gstreamer, as it does not
like what I'm feeding him with.

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link fdsrc0 to mpph264enc0,
mpph264enc0 can't handle caps video/x-raw, format=(string)nv12,
width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)30/1

Bruno

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Am 15.11.2019 um 18:29 schrieb Verachten Bruno <gounthar at gmail.com>:
> >
> > So far, I have tried ffmpeg  -f v4l2 -pix_fmt nv12 -s 1920x1080 -r 30
> > -i /dev/video0 -c:v rawvideo -f yuv - >/dev/null
>
> The name of the rawvideo format is not “yuv” (as the console output told you) but “rawvideo”.
> You may also want to use the pix_fmt option.
>
> Carl Eugen

Bruno Verachten