[FFmpeg-user] how to send metadata in mpegts via ffmpeg

qw applemax82 at 163.com
Tue Oct 15 19:17:57 EEST 2019

>> mpeg2 ts supports metadata and private data.
>
>Please provide a sample containing the metadata you need.

flv demuxer/muxer can decode/encode metadata in data stream. Does mpegts demuxer/muxer have the same function?
Mpeg2 ts standard provides several methods to transport metadata. Is there some apporpriate way to transport some metadata at some fixed interval?

>> How to send some metadata in mpeg2 ts periodically at some fixed interval via ffmpeg?
>
>I believe this is (always) done automatically. Since you did not provide the command line you tested together with the complete, uncut console output I cannot guess why it does not work for you.
>
>Or are you searching for the option pat_period?

I have read the source code of mpegts demuxer/muxer in ffmpeg, which doesn't support decoding/encoding self-defined metadata.