[FFmpeg-user] How to use ffmpeg in batch mode?

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Oct 21 10:14:41 EEST 2019

Am 20.10.2019 um 23:56 schrieb arthur brogard via ffmpeg-user:
> I have been trying to convert a bunch of mkv files to mp4 using ffmpeg in batch mode via a .bat file but I can't get it right.
> I've followed a number of suggested commands from various hits I've got on google but none of them work.
> Don't need anything fancy.  Just a basic convert from mkv to mp4 if anyone can help?

I haven't tested it, but I thing this (Windows) batch file should work:

for %%f in (*.mkv) do call :for_body %%f
goto :the_end

:for_body
set IN=%1
set OUT=%IN:mkv=mp4%
ffmpeg -i %IN% -y %OUT%
exit /b

:the_end
pause

You find a similar (tested and working) example in my book on page 88:
http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf

Michael