[FFmpeg-user] Beaglebone - streaming issue - horizontal lines in output

Philip Chisholm phil at filzer.com
Wed Oct 23 02:14:46 EEST 2019

Hi Moritz

I tried the same webcam on a ubuntu laptop (oppose to the beaglebone board).

The cam works fine - for both ffmpeg and just live view using cheese.

No lines.

But when I use it on the BBone board - I get the horizontal lines with ffmpeg.

Not sure how to get a live stream on BB without ffmpeg - since I need line commands (no gui UI interface on BB)

...plus only so much memory on board - and cannot install cheese (board runs out of memory – embedded devices are a killer!).

Hmmm....

When I build FFmpeg I follow this guide…

http://derekmolloy.ie/building-ffmpeg-for-beaglebone-from-source/

an enable these configure options

1
2
3
4
5
git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git
cd x264
./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr
make
make install

1
2
3
4
5
git clone git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg.git
./configure --enable-shared --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-neon
git remote set-url origin git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg
make
make install

Should I enable anything else if I am pulling Pixel Format: 'YUYV' video out the webcam?

Would that be the problem?

Thanks.

Phil