[FFmpeg-user] SRT server setup, buffer overrun and connection issues

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:59:52 EET 2019

So it works the other way around? With the receiver listening for the connection?

> I simply want the stream to be available whenever the caller "dials in". So the listener should be available 24x7 even if the caller is offline for a few hours.

In any case, I think you’re going to need to separate the mpegts receiving part and srt listening part for this to be possible. Actually, do you really need ffmpeg to achieve your end goal? Wouldn’t a “repeater” type setup be closer to what you’re trying to do, just take the packets and transmit them with srt with some buffering?