[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg convert these mp4 to that mp4?

arthur brogard abrogard at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 09:45:01 EET 2019

I have an old tv that plays usb sticks and we use it for that.
But some formats pic and video it won't accept.
Not being into it I don't really understand why or what.
This time I have a bunch of microbe animations and it plays some and some it says 'unsupported format'.
I note the details of two of the 'unsupported' formats:

1.  mp4.  1920 x 1080  423kbps  24 fps2.  mp4   1280 x 720  672kbps  30 fps
and one file that it plays happily:
mp4  854 x 478  853 kbps  25fps.
Can anyone detect what the basic problem is and can I fix it by running the files through ffmpeg with the appropriate command line, whatever that might be?