[FFmpeg-user] mp4 opus invalid extradata size (missing header)

Juan Navarro juan.navarro at gmx.es
Mon Sep 23 18:16:41 EEST 2019

On 23/9/19 13:21, Juan Navarro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It works fine, resulting file is perfectly playable and OPUS audio
> works, tested with both audio-only and audio+video MP4 recordings. So, I
> can confirm that apparently this solves the issue.
>
> Thank you very much for the patch,
> Juan

I'm afraid some further testing shows that the patch did actually fix
the case of missing extradata when recording OPUS with MP4, but it in
turn breaks the case of WEBM. Didn't try other formats, yet, but there
is a clear regression for the WEBM format.

Report logs attached for both before and after applying the patch. No
meaningful differences in the log, though. The only visible effect of
the regression is when trying to open up the WEBM file in VLC. ffplay is
able to play it, though.

VLC says this when trying to play the WEBM file:
[00007f8978053e20] opus decoder error: cannot read Opus header
[00007f8978053e20] opus decoder error: initial Opus header is corrupted