[FFmpeg-user] Listing the hardware accelerators

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 17:22:07 EEST 2019

Am Fr., 27. Sept. 2019 um 15:53 Uhr schrieb Michael Koch
<astroelectronic at t-online.de>:

> Carl Eugen,
>
> > @Michael: Please understand that (at least most) developers do
> > not have the time to copy the change you already suggested into
> > their local tree. Instead install a git client of your choice and send
> > the documentation patches to the development mailing list where
> > they will find more friends!
>
> I know absolutely nothing about git, and when I read introductions (for
> example https://www.ffmpeg.org/git-howto.html)  I'm totally lost. I need
> to find someone locally who can explain that to me.

Google led me to this page:
https://git-scm.com/download/gui/windows

But given that you use ffmpeg from the command line, consider the
following (after installing "native git" which runs from the command line):
$ git clone http://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git
$ cd ffmpeg
edit a file in the doc directory.
$ git commit doc
(I suspect this will ask you to set your name and email when running
it for the first time)
$ git format-patch HEAD^
This produces a file that you can send to the mailing list after
visual inspection for commit message and your name.
$ git reset HEAD^

I expect there to be more than one tutorial...

Carl Eugen