[FFmpeg-user] Stereoscopic hwaccel

JackDesBwa jackdesbwa at desbwa.org
Fri Sep 27 18:59:44 EEST 2019

I answer to myself.

> (1) Which way could I be certain that it is not currently supported or
> if there is some option to pass?

By reading the source code, I found how it is set in libx264 codec,
but there is nothing similar at all in nvenc nor in vaapi. In nvenc, I
saw stereo fields in the configuration of the encoder but no glue to
use them.
Although it is probably only a configuration bit or two to add in
nvenc case, it seems a bit too complex for me to do it myself.

> (2) Is there a way to add the frame-packing information without a full encoding?

On the #x264 IRC channel (freenode) someone answered that there is no
such feature in the x264 command line tool (the one created by the
same people as the libx264 library if I understand well)

Thus, at least for the moment, I will encode with nvenc to check my
filters and encode with libx264 for the final render.

JackDesBwa