[FFmpeg-user] Need help splitting stereo FLAC into two separate files

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:10:44 EEST 2020

Hi,
> As the others speculated: Under Windows, "'" is not a command line
> quotation character. If parts of the command line need to be quoted in
> order to be collated, you need to use the double quotation mark '"'.
> The single quotation mark is passed directly to ffmpeg on Windows,
> making your filter argument unparsable.

Yet another thing I learn about windows… This is surprising to me, I remember fighting a machine not binding to AD because it had a single quote (iirc) in its machine name. Does the single quote character have any special significance win the windows command line? (and while I’m asking, where do back-ticks and apostrophes fall?)

So is the ffescape tool compiled differently to work properly when compiled on/for windows?

Regards,
Ted Park