[FFmpeg-user] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s): unspecified sample format

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 05:01:21 EEST 2020

On 04/08/2020 06:47 PM, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Hi, ive been processing over 5TB of hickvivion CCTV footage (ffmpeg is great, ime basicaly rewriting
> the headers so I can import into video editng software).   Got about 4.8TB in and ime gettting an
> error.
>
> The command I am using is
>
> $ ffmpeg -loglevel warning -i input.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame -ar
> 44100 -b:a 128k out.mp4
>
> and the output I am getting is
>
> Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s): unspecified
> sample formatConsider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
> Too many packets buffered for output stream 0:0.
>
> Now I could increase analyzeduration & probesize, but no idea to what.
>
> Any help greatly apreciated.
>
> Ben

Try this, Ben:

ffmpeg -loglevel warning -analyzeduration 5000000000 -probesize 5000000000 -i input.mp4 -flags
+global_header -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame -ar
 > 44100 -b:a 128k out.mp4

Reference:
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html

analyzeduration integer (input)

     Specify how many microseconds are analyzed to probe the input. A higher value will enable
detecting more accurate information, but will increase latency. It defaults to 5,000,000
microseconds = 5 seconds

probesize integer (input)

     Set probing size in bytes, i.e. the size of the data to analyze to get stream information. A
higher value will enable detecting more information in case it is dispersed into the stream, but
will increase latency. Must be an integer not lesser than 32. It is 5000000 by default.

HTH - Mark.