[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg architecture question

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Sat Apr 18 21:30:33 EEST 2020

On 2020-04-18 02:08, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> [Mark Filipak] is just genuine troller, and do not know better, I
> propose you just ignore his troll attempts.

I disagree. What I see from Mark's messages is that he is genuinely
using ffmpeg for reasonable purposes. He runs into limitations of the
inadequate documentation, which is not up to the task of explaining this
complex, capable, but inconsistent piece of software. He asks questions.
He persists in trying to get answers, even in the face of rudeness and
dismissal.

I think that adds up to a legitimate contributor to the list, not to a
troll.
     —Jim DeLaHunt, software engineer, Vancouver, Canada