[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg architecture question

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 19:46:25 EEST 2020

On 04/19/2020 12:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am So., 19. Apr. 2020 um 18:11 Uhr schrieb pdr0 <pdr0 at shaw.ca>:
>
>> In his specific situation, he has a single combed frame. What he chooses for
>> yadif (or any deinterlacer) results in a different result - both wrong - for
>> his case.
>
>> If the selects "top" he gets an "A" duplicate frame. If he selects
>> "bottom" he gets a "B" duplicate frame .
>
> No.

No?

But I can see the judder. Please, clarify.

55-telecine outputs frames A A A+B B B   ...no judder, 1/24th second comb in 3rd frame.
Yadif top outputs judder and no comb     ...so I assume that the stream is A A A B B.
Yadif bottom outputs judder and no comb  ...so I assume that the stream is A A B B B.

My assumptions are based on what I see on the TV during playback and what top & bottom mean. Is any
of that wrong? If so, how is it wrong?

I apologize for being ignorant. I endeavor to become less ignorant.

Thanks,
Mark.