[FFmpeg-user] Needed: 10 minute, p24 test video

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:41:31 EEST 2020

Hi, Michael,

On 04/21/2020 02:16 AM, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am 21.04.2020 um 01:39 schrieb Mark Filipak:
>> To submit a trac ticket on the 'pp' filter, I need a p24 video that's over 10 minutes, I need to
>> test using that video, and then upload the file and update the ticket to 'reopen'.
>>
>> It has to be non-copyrighted material.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc2=r=24:d=601 test.mp4
>
> Michael

Yeah, pdr0 at trac.ffmpeg.org turned me on to that and I made 30 minute videos at various
resolutions. With them, I could not replicate errors that happen with the "2001, A Space Odessey" BD
or the "Patton" BD. One error occurs with "telecine=pattern=5,pp=linblenddeint", the other occurs
with just "telecine=pattern=5". Both look like memory leaks as ffmpeg process memory climbs steadily
from the normal 500 to 700 MB range to 29 GB. I think that a memory leak is probable, but how to
proceed is unknown to me.