[FFmpeg-user] [MPlayer-users] Windows command line & log

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:57:12 EEST 2020

On 04/28/2020 12:19 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Di., 28. Apr. 2020 um 13:45 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>
>> Carl Eugen Hoyos recommends concatenating VOBs via 'mplayer -dumpstream'.
>
> (Since you have in the past reprimanded me for my exact wording)
> This is not true, if this were about concatenation, the concat
> protocol would of course work fine.

Hi, Carl Eugen. Thanks for replying.

The concat protocol doesn't work for me. When I use it to concatenate VOBs, I get similar PTS
problems that I'm experiencing with the 'interleave' filter. The issue is moot because I found a
concatenation method that works (see below).

>> MPlayer seems to have a mind of its own. No matter what I tell it, it wants to concatenate
>
> No.

Yes. I know it's hard to believe, but yes. I point mplayer to one DVD drive and it concatenates VOBs
from a different DVD drive (as shown in the original post).

> [...]
>
> Please test both command lines I suggested after verifying which "numbers"
> provide the right track (the one you want to re-encode) as suggested by
> Erik, there is some indication in your messages that "1" is not the
> right choice.
>
> Carl Eugen

I did test both command lines (and many more variations). The problem seems to be that I have
multiple DVD drives.

It's sort of moot now. I'm using mkvmerge now. It works.

Regards,
Mark.