[FFmpeg-user] v360 in_pad

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Apr 30 22:00:54 EEST 2020

Am 30.04.2020 um 20:23 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 4/29/20, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

>>> Nope. use fixed paddding instead.
>> what do you mean by "fixed padding"? There are only two options for
>> "dfisheye", in_pad and out_pad.
>> If a double-fisheye camera has lenses with 205° field of view, then for
>> stitching together the two hemispheres the in_pad value must be (205° -
>> 180°) / 205° = 0.122. When you restrict the in_pad range to [0...0.1],
>> you are breaking something that did work perfectly before.
>>
> Now you are required to manually enter input/output FoV instead of
> manually calculating padding.

Thank you, I saw it already. Will test it as soon as it's available on
Zeranoe.

By the way, it would be nice if also the circular field of view could be
specified. Because in many cases v360 is used with fisheye lenses.
Circlular field of view means h_fov and v_fov are set to the same value.
But not as d_fov, where a multiplication by 1.41 is required.

Michael