[FFmpeg-user] v360 in_pad

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Apr 30 22:29:59 EEST 2020

Am 30.04.2020 um 21:09 schrieb Nicolas George:
> Michael Koch (12020-04-29):
>> what do you mean by "fixed padding"? There are only two options for
>> "dfisheye", in_pad and out_pad.
>> If a double-fisheye camera has lenses with 205° field of view, then for
>> stitching together the two hemispheres the in_pad value must be (205° -
>> 180°) / 205° = 0.122. When you restrict the in_pad range to [0...0.1], you
>> are breaking something that did work perfectly before.
> If 0.122 did indeed produce satisfactory results for you, then there is
> no reason to forbid it.

The in_pad option is no longer required because now dfisheye has the
h_fov and v_fov options, which is the better solution because of two
reasons:
1. The same parameters were already available for (single-)fisheye (and
are working fine there).
2. h_fov and v_fov allow higher precision because the values are
floating point. The in_pad option was also float, but I think it was
rounded to an integer when the padding was applied to the image.

Michael