[FFmpeg-user] Loading shared libraries in macOS

Aleksid beautyofnorth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:52:57 EEST 2020

>> Then I put all compiled shared libraries and small ffmpeg binary file to
>> folder:  /Users/aleks/test/

> How do you “put” them there?

> I always use static libraries because I want to “put” my binaries where I
decide to put them at any time. If > you choose to use dynamic FFmpeg
libraries, you lose this freedom. I don’t think this is related to
> FFmpeg in any way.

Carl,

Thanks for your reply!

I plan to include FFmpeg binaries, my app and FFmpeg shared libraries into
my application bundle for macOS.

Is it technically possible to compile ffmpeg or my app to load shared
libraries on macOS from the current folder?

I wrote a test app and I tried to dynamically load FFmpeg shared libraries
from the current folder using absolute file path to each dylib file. First
dylib loads OK, but any next dylib also fails to load.

They can be loaded only if I use --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg and then
put dylibs into  /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/libs folder.

I understand that it is correct in a world of Unix systems. But I would
prefer to keep dylibs locally, without copying into the system folder.

Aleks,