[FFmpeg-user] libx265 a lot slower

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 17 20:50:06 EEST 2020

Am 17.08.20 um 18:34 schrieb Carl Zwanzig:

> On 8/17/2020 1:53 AM, Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user wrote:
>> People, be polite. Harald, you are incredibly impolite. This is a user
>> list. It is reasonable for people to ask basic questions here. Your
>> assumption that everyone is an expert is unreasonable.
> Exactly. And many people will readily say that "common sense" isn't very
> common.

sadly yes, a shame in days where you can find every iformation on the
internet within seconds

i wonder how we survived the 1970's and 1980's

> On 8/17/2020 8:12 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> i don't need knowledge about cars to guess that one needs more fuel
>> when he drives double as fast while put a big stone in the luggage space
>>
>> i don't even need to own a car for that
> Maybe not, but you _do_ need to have even the vaguest idea of
> mass/energy equilibriums (even without knowing that term). Many people
> have very little idea what goes on in a video codec, let alone why one
> might be faster than another on some hardware or why some streams are
> more compressible than others.
>
> Instead of saying "this is obvious! why are you asking??" you could just
> patiently explain the answer. Or not answer at all and leave it to
> someone else.

we have 2020 - there is "performance h264 versus h265" which you can
type in any search engine - disclaimer: educate yourself for free may
make you smarter

i don't get questions which can be answered by goggole at all because
it#s so much faster and very few questions are not asked and answered
doezns of times