[FFmpeg-user] Failed to configure ffmpeg

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Dec 6 07:39:43 EET 2020

(Please do not top-post on this mailing list. Likewise, please include the
error message text in the email, most people won't look at an image.)

On 12/5/2020 3:31 PM, Ibrahim Hammoudi wrote:
> Looks like MSYS2 actually was a better option, but thanks for the insight,
> in any case.

Msys2 and mingw-w64 (on windows) are a great way to build for windows (see
the list archive for a -recent- discussion of this). Have you also read the
wiki page about it (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide)?

Getting the dependencies on windowz w/ mingw is no harder than getting the
-same- dependencies for cross-compiling.

> I have libfdk_aac-dev installed as well as libfdk_aac using apt.
Do you have the linux package or the windows cross-compile package
installed?  The former won't help with building win-64 executables.

On 12/5/2020 12:41 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> there is no point in 2020 building "native" windows binaries for stuff
> which runs on Linux
There is if you need to run on windoze, which many people do.

Later,

z!