[FFmpeg-user] decimate=ppsrc question

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Thu Dec 17 18:13:15 EET 2020

On 12/17/2020 01:43 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Am 17.12.2020 um 06:23 schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfilipak at bog.us>:
>>
>> ffmeg -i SOURCE -vf decimate=ppsrc TARGET
>
> The decimate filter only makes sense in a filter chain after the fieldmatch filter.
>
> Carl Eugen

The source video [1] is a 24p movie with a modulo 4 frame repeat (to 30p).

The command line I used:

ffmpeg -i SOURCE -map 0 -vf decimate -codec:v libx265 -x265-params crf=16:qcomp=1.00 -codec:a copy
-codec:s copy -dn TARGET

ffmpeg did a fine job but there is still just a bit of jitter.

The question is this:
Can anyone kindly give me a usage example of this:

ffmeg -i SOURCE -vf decimate=ppsrc TARGET