[FFmpeg-user] How to get DVB-Teletxt into MP4

Reino Wijnsma rwijnsma at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 8 21:38:22 EET 2020

On 2020-02-08T20:12:32+0100, Robin A. Jensen via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> Den 08-02-2020 kl. 20:06 skrev James Darnley:
>> On 2020-02-08 19:38, Robin A. Jensen via ffmpeg-user wrote:
>>> -c:s:0 copy mov_text
>> Make up your mind.  codec copy or codec mov_text?
> That command is in the wiki. Apparently it used because of the mp4.
> This is the command:
>
> *-scodec*  [/*subtitle codec*/]
> for*MP4*  containers:|*copy*|,|*mov_text

That's https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FFMPEG_An_Intermediate_Guide/subtitle_options#Set_Subtitle_Codec I take it?
You noticed it says "parameter example*s*"? Plural! Meaning it's either "copy", or "mov_text". Not both.
So it's -c:s:0 mov_text what you want.

On 2020-02-08T20:01:31+0100, Robin A. Jensen via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> I don't know what you mean with top-post mailing list. I just use button "Answer list, so now i m,ove answer to buttom of mail.

You could've used Google to find out of course, but posting your answer beneath the quoted message (or "bottom-posting") is exactly the etiquette here.
Next time please remove the footer (from "ffmpeg-user mailing list" downward) as well.

-- Reino