[FFmpeg-user] How to get DVB-Teletxt into MP4

Robin A. Jensen RAJensen at youmail.dk
Sun Feb 9 02:59:53 EET 2020

Den 09-02-2020 kl. 00:45 skrev Reino Wijnsma:
> On 2020-02-09T00:15:43+0100, Robin A. Jensen via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>>> Now i'm trying a new approach. I actually got the dvb text out of the dvb_teletext into a seperate .srt file.
>>> But now i have a new issue.
>>> I do not only get the subtitle i need but all of them. So when playing the .mp4 with .srt on Kodi, my screens is filled with all 4 subtitles!
>>> I do extract with this command:
>>> ffmpeg -txt_format text -ss 00:04:45 -i 'Beck_ _je for _je (4).ts' -to 00:05:00 -map 0:s:0 -c:s:2 mov_text -metadata:s:s:2 language=dan 'Beck _je for _je (4).srt'
>>> So how do i get only the one subtitle that i need?
> Could you share your 15sec ts-file so that we can have a look? Otherwise I don't have any idea what you're talking about.
> Also please tell us exactly what your expected output needs to be.
>
> And btw, you put your reply in the same blockquote as your previous e-mail/post, which is quite confusing. So please put your reply underneath the blockquote, not in it.
>
> -- Reino

So now i found the way to get the one subtitle that i need, with this:

ffmpeg -txt_format text -txt_page 599 -ss 00:04:45 -i 'Beck_ _je for _je
(4).ts' -to 00:05:00 -map 0:s:0 -c:s:2 mov_text -metadata:s:2
language=dan 'Beck _je for _je (4).srt'
The -txt_page number i get by using VLC. So now i have the .srt file.
Don't know how else to get ffmpeg to pick that one subtitle.
Then i encode my video as i always do.
Then i combine it with:
ffmpeg -i 'Beck _je for _je (4).mp4' -i 'Beck _je for _je (4).srt' -c:v
copy -c:a copy -c:s mov_text 'test.mp4'
This seems to be working. But is a long way to go.