[FFmpeg-user] How to get DVB-Teletxt into MP4

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 11:56:09 EET 2020

On 2020-02-09 05:23, S Andreason wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -ss 00:04:45 -i 'Beck_ _je for _je (4).ts' -to 00:05:00 -c
>>> copy sample.ts
>> NO!
>>
>> Don’t use ffmpeg to cut your samples, avoid it at all costs! dd is
>> your friend.

> Seriously?
> ffmpeg-user says don't use ffmpeg.
>
> "ffprobe, tell me what byte next I-frame starts at."
>
> "I can't do that Dave."

The point is that ffmpeg does not copy the input file to the output file
and stop when "something" says 5 minutes.  ffmpeg will read and parse
until it finds the "start" then it'll demux the streams and start
providing frames.  At this point ffmpeg will select what streams are put
into the output.  The output then starts receiving frames and begins to
mux them.

If you want to provide a sample of the *input file*, why would you want
all that ^ done to it?