[FFmpeg-user] How to decrypt .ts files into separate .ts files with ffmpeg without using a playlist?

Crazy Red Elephant crazyredelephant at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 10 15:40:59 EET 2020

Hi,

I have a number of .ts files, .m3u8 playlist and a key to decrypt them. The key is a file, not a hexadecimal string. My goal is to decrypt some of these .ts files to analyze them individually. I also obviously don't want to modify the actual video/audio streams in them in any way, just a decryption.

I have no problem decrypting them as an .m3u8 playlist into one big .ts or .mp4 file with a simple command like "ffmpeg -allowed_extensions ALL -i chunklist.m3u8 -c copy output.ts", I just use URI=key in the playlist and it works. But I need them to be decrypted into separate files, not one.

I could probably just leave only one line in the playlist and decrypt them one by one like this but I want to learn how to do it properly.

I tried opening the key file in a hex editor (which is probably a dumb thing to do) and then using the hex value in a command like "ffmpeg -decryption_key {hex_value} -i part1.ts part1.ts" but it gives me the "Invalid data found when processing input" error...

So how to do this properly? The ffmpeg documentation wasn't helpful...

[Here](https://www.mediafire.com/file/twsn7mdew9aa8lx/test.zip/file) are the files I'm working with in a zip archive. I've included only three of the .ts files there, that should be enough for a test.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~ Red Elephant.