[FFmpeg-user] gif overlay miscalculating x and y, extra frame flash

S Andreason sandreas41 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 19:21:58 EET 2020

Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 2/9/20, S Andreason <sandreas41 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The issue is with -i gif and
>> overlay=x=(calculations):y=(calculations):between
>> 1. between calculates n differently than the 30fps video,
> No, it is completely correct, you give it different timebase and fps
> video inputs.
> overlay video is 33.33 while main video is 30.00. If you want
> consistent results make videos same timebase and fps.
>
> The rest all depends on 1. point.

I did not expect the value for n used in between(), to be different than
n in x=() and y=(), in the same overlay command.

> Use fps filter somehow...

Sure enough, once I add the filter, correctly this time, "fps=fps=30"
inserted between [1] and split, the problem is solved. That's the hint I
was missing last week, or something...
Also problems 3 and 4 have disappeared, so I'll show myself out the door.

Stewart

Everything takes longer when you get old.