[FFmpeg-user] Sending Data Allow With Video From a MPEGTS stream

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Feb 23 21:22:25 EET 2020

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 15:52:43 -0500, Tim McClure wrote:
> ffmpeg -re -i IndagoLE.ts -codec copy -f  mpegts udp://
> 192.168.1.134:5047?pkt_size=1316
>
> The ts file I am using above has KLV along with video.  I am trying to send
> the stream to a UDP port with both channels being present however only the
> video channel is being sent.  I basically want to pass the mpegts stream
> through - does anyone know how to do this?

ffmpeg doesn't map data streams by default. You can either add
  -map 0
to your command line, telling ffmpeg to map all streams, or explicitly
map the data stream with
  -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 0:d
(essentially telling ffmpeg of each and every stream you wish to map.

See also this, where a similar question was answered:
https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2018-May/039731.html

By the way, we usually kindly ask you to post the complete, uncut
console output of your ffmpeg command, as it provides useful
information for analysis of such issues.

Cheers,
Moritz