[FFmpeg-user] List server 'myposts on' fails to echo my own posts

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Feb 24 04:48:49 EET 2020

On 2/23/2020 5:33 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
> Past: I received echoes of my own posts.
> Now: I do not receive echoes of my own posts.

Kind of surprised you were seeing them before, it's a known problem (in the
mailing list community) that goog will try to suppress your own posts to a
list ("you wrote it so you've already seen it"). Some get through, many don't.

https://wiki.list.org/DOC/I%20use%20Gmail-Googlemail%2C%20but%20I%20can%27t%20tell%20if%20any%20of%20my%20messages%20have%20been%20posted%20to%20the%20list

AFAIK there isn't much the list can do to stop gggl from dropping what it
wants to.

Later,

z!