[FFmpeg-user] Concat filter with more than 1 audio stream -- How?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:46:35 EET 2020

Am Mo., 24. Feb. 2020 um 12:22 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> If I understand correctly, you think I should do this:
>
> copy /b
> i:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB+i:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB+i:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.VOB+i:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.VOB+i:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_5.VOB

You should use "copy /b" if you want to concatenate mpeg streams.
(This is what the command line you provided indicated. If you don't want
to concatenate mpeg streams but produce mkv files, then above is of
course irrelevant for you.)

If you need an mkv file, use ffmpeg -i concat:... ....mkv
(Or as an alternative mkvmerge)

I am not sure if you already read the wiki article about concatenation
in FFmpeg.
There are three ways, all three should be described in the wiki, all three have
advantages and disadvantages, options for one of the concatenation methods
will not work for the other two methods. If your input is mpeg streams, you can
(and should) use the concat protocol.
For most file types, the concat protocol will not work, you can use the concat
demuxer or the concat filter in these cases. (Options defined and described for
one of them will not work for the other one.)

Carl Eugen