[FFmpeg-user] Concat filter with more than 1 audio stream -- How?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 01:51:39 EET 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 16:59:27 +0100, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 2/24/20, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
> > Carl Eugen Hoyos (12020-02-24):
> >> If you want to concatenate mpeg streams
> >
> > But they are not MPEG streams:

> > They are fragments of a DVD-Video filesystem. They should not be read
> > directly. FFmpeg has no support for them.
>
> How so they are not supported? What support is missing?

I believe reading the structures and indices, and skipping e.g. titles,
menus, and notably junk, is missing.

ffmpeg's own tools/dvd2concat is made to assist with that, with the
help of lsdvd. ffmpeg itself would probably require a proper
DVD structure aware demuxer[*].

Moritz

[*] Or perhaps a layer on top of a demuxer, to expose the MPEG-PS. A
pseudo-protocol? Not sure, but those are technicalities.