[FFmpeg-user] -movflags +faststart has no effect

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Tue Feb 25 19:18:47 EET 2020

Am 25.02.20 um 16:05 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>> Am 25.02.2020 um 15:17 schrieb Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de>:
>>
>> Also I'm wondering where to find this option in the ffmpeg documentation
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#Options-8

Much thanks!

When reading the mov mp4 ismv section I have some question:
1. Are there differences between these 3 formats?
2. When only using output.mp4, the video is NOT fragmented, right?
3. Does -movflags +fastrstart revert the fragmentation, i.e. move all
metadata to the start?
4. What is the difference of using -movflags -ismv - or -f mov/mp4/ismv?
5. Why is -movflags -ismv missing in the options list (it's only in the
examples below).
6. What is the difference between -faststart and +faststart

> For future questions please remember that only current FFmpeg git head is supported here.

When is version 4.3 (or 4.2.3) expected to be released? I prefer to wait
for this.

-Ulf