[FFmpeg-user] Submitting a Feature Request

Chris c319chris at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 19:35:01 EET 2020

What is the best way to submit a feature request for ffmpeg that will not get blown off or tossed aside?
I have looked at the developer mailing list and it appears to be full of patches — no feature requests.
There is also the bug tracker but this is not really a bug, just a feature request.
I want to have unity video levels as described in a previous post, without the levels being forced to 0 - 255 or 16 - 235.
I would code it myself but it would be a very inefficient use of time while I unravel the inner workings of the libraries, the source code, the coding conventions, the compilation environment, etc. from the bottom of the learning curve.
Thank you.