[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -layer flag

Gonzalo GarramuƱo ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 23:35:54 EET 2020

El 17/01/20 a las 23:26, Carl Eugen Hoyos escribiĆ³:
> Am Sa., 18. Jan. 2020 um 02:47 Uhr schrieb Dan Walker <walkerdan1 at gmail.com>:
>
>> I'm trying to find info on the -layer flag for ffmpeg which seems to be
>> undocumented in terms of examples.
> Seriously:
> What did you try? You write above that you have "multilayer EXR [R,G,B": Did
> you test ffmpeg -layer G -i input out.jpg?
The flag seems to be somewhat broken on current head.   It should allow
you to extract rgb (or xyz) channels from multiview EXRs. However, it
only allows uppercase channels, like N.X or indirect_diffuse.R.
I'll submit a patch to fix that.

It does not work with OpenEXRs 2.0 multipart files (known limitation).