[FFmpeg-user] FFplay toggle subtitles on / off?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jan 31 10:41:10 EET 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 12:52:13 -0500, Michael Castellon wrote:
> ffplay: add ass support
> https://github.com/cus/ffmpeg/tree/ffplayass
>
> or use other player, for example mplayer
> j and J -> Toggle subtitle visibility.

I personally recommend mpv, which feels like a much more modern variant
of mplayer. (No idea whether it's more difficult to build or has more
dependencies, as I use prebuilt binaries. I assume: no, not more
difficult).

Sometimes, ffplay seems like a proof of concept, or like a "good
enough" player for most cases, but not exactly feature-rich in some
terms.

Cheers,
Moritz