[FFmpeg-user] Newb Help! Extracting pics from recovered video file/ or repair recovered video file

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Jul 13 20:39:00 EEST 2020

On 7/13/2020 10:20 AM, frank rizo wrote:
> I’m not that smart with all this, so, how do i find out that
> information? with a working video from the same source?
ffprobe will report a lot of info about a video file; I find MediaInfo to be
useful for that, too.

With that, you -may- be able to tell ffmpeg what to expect, and it -may-
find something. After that, it gets into what's close to wizardry. You'll
have to ask yourself whether recovering any video is worth the time and
effort. A good analogy is looking for a needle in a haystack when you don't
know exactly what the entire needle looks like.

Please don't top-post on this mailing list; if you're not familiar with the
term, a quick search will turn up lots of info.

z!