[FFmpeg-user] How do I increase the playback size of a video without rescaling it?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 16 15:39:34 EEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 07:22:39 -0500, fowman wrote:
> No, I have the same on all three.

Ah, okay. *All* you players are able to scale the 720x576 video to
fullscreen (automatically?), and *NONE* of them manages that with the
1280x720 video? That seems very unlikely. With every 1280x720 video? Or
just this one?

I'm guessing the latter video is letterboxed, i.e. a large black box
around it is encoded in the video. If you can share, we could tell.

If not, I know of no such property which would prevent such a video
from being scaled. Generally speaking, all these players should somehow
decode into a framebuffer, and then scale that, regardless of what the
original video file says.

Moritz