[FFmpeg-user] XDCAM 422 HD with 16 audio channels

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:17:48 EEST 2020

Hi, I've been asked to deliver an "MXF file (OP1A) XDCAM 422 HD (1080p)
25fps , 50 Mbps with 16 audio channels" with a certain audio mapping

This would be no problem if we were talking about 8 channel audio, I've
done dozens of those from within commercial ecoders, but 16? AFAIK the sony
XDCAM standard supports 8 channel maximum.
Do you know of any way (ffmpeg or other commercial product) that can embed
16 channels in this kind of file?
Furthermore they're specifying 16bit mono audio..

Thanks !