[FFmpeg-user] H264 video toolbox settings

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.net
Tue Jun 9 11:04:53 EEST 2020

Moritz,

Thanks for your reply.

> On 9 Jun 2020, at 09:00, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 22:28:55 +0100, Nuno Santos wrote:
>> Sorry if this is a basic question, but how does one know the
>> available the options for the h264_videotoolbox?
>
> Usually with something like
> $ ffmpeg -h encoder=h264_videotoolbox
>
>> I want to set them programmatically and not via ffmpeg command.
>
> Oh, you mean using the libav* libraries? Then you're basically on the
> wrong mailing list.

What’s the correct mailing list for this?

> The options are defined in libavcodec/videotoolboxenc.c, you should be
> able to extract the knowledge from there. They *should* also be in the
> documentation, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the
> videotoolbox codecs.

I’ve been sniffing that file:

https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/videotoolboxenc_8c_source.html <https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/videotoolboxenc_8c_source.html>

And I believe function

static bool get_vt_h264_profile_level(AVCodecContext *avctx, CFStringRef *profile_level_val)

Is what I want but I don’t know how to pass the right parameters from the api side.

Regards,

Nuno