[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe different outputs for file input and binary data input

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 10 01:07:35 EEST 2020

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 14:00:56 -0700, Ming Tu wrote:
> ffmpeg version 3.2.14-1~deb9u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers

This version is (functionally) almost ancient. Could you please retry
with latest git? You can grab a static binary here:
https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
(Left column, git master.)

> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x56129aff3f80] stream 1, offset 0x30: partial file
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x56129aff3f80] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264 (avc1 / 0x31637661), none, 1280x720, 1041 kb/s): unspecified pixel format
> Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

Did you try these options recommended here? (Even though I'm sure if
that was the problem, the other version of your comand wouldn't work
either.)

Cheers,
Moritz