[FFmpeg-user] Live filtering a VR game

程来顺(Ryan) laishun.cheng at qq.com
Sat Jun 13 03:54:06 EEST 2020

good idea

---Original---
From: "Antoine Martin"<antoine24888 at hotmail.fr>
Date: Sat, Jun 13, 2020 02:00 AM
To: "FFmpeg user questions"<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>;
Subject: [FFmpeg-user] Live filtering a VR game

Hi guys,

I am part of a research on VR and immersion criteria. We are trying to degrade the visual and audio VR environment of a user in a simulation (a driving simulation in our case). We are currently using Euro Truck Simulator 2, a complete simulation driving game, and a HTC Vive Pro Eye. With ffmpeg I would like to take the VR video and audio, filter it to degrade the quality and put it right back in the headset while a user is playing. Also I would like the filters to change over time, for example I would like to slowly increase/decrease the gamma_r/_b/_g eq filter over time.

Is it possible using?

Thank you for your time.