[FFmpeg-user] Encoding Warnings

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 13:11:20 EEST 2020

Am Fr., 26. Juni 2020 um 21:56 Uhr schrieb Ruler2112 <Ruler2112 at charter.net>:

> Step 3: Standardize Volume
> Not performed by ffmpeg

I am curious: Why?

[...]

> The two lines that are concerning to me are:
>
>      'Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #1.0 : stereo'
>
> Of course it's stereo - I jump dumped it to a 2-channel wave in the step 2!
> :)

>  I'm guessing that I can safely ignore this one

Obviously.
(The wav standard does not require writing the channel layout for some
mono and stereo files and we don't do it to maintain compatibility with
ancient software that fails if the information is present.)

> 'Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and
> will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps
> properly'

This warning is not meant for you and you cannot fix it.

For future questions: Please understand that posting excerpts of the
console output is not acceptable, always post the command line(s)
together with the complete, uncut console output.

Carl Eugen