[FFmpeg-user] write output of find_rect to a file?

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Jun 29 18:35:50 EEST 2020

Hi Moritz,

> I don't have any good command line for find_rect handy, but it should
> work with something like this (untested, of course):
>
> $ ffprobe -f lavfi -i movie=input.mp4,find_rect=options -show_entries frame=pkt_pts_time:frame_tags=lavfi.rect.w,lavfi.rect.h,lavfi.rect.x,lavfi.rect.y -of csv
>
> In other words, let ffprobe show you each frame's metadata.
>
> You can redirect this output, or have the logging write a report file.

Very good, that's exactly what I need. I did already make some tests
with -show_entries before I posted this question. But I didn't know the
names of the variables "lavfi.rect.x" and "lavfi.rect.y". Are these
variables documented somewhere? Is there also a variable for the quality
of the find_rect result, I mean the number that's compared against the
detection threshold?

Michael