[FFmpeg-user] How do I create an ffmpeg command line?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 12:01:18 EET 2020

On 03/01/2020 04:53 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Am 01.03.2020 um 10:42 schrieb Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>>
>> On 03/01/2020 04:37 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote> FFmpeg is not for you.
>>
>> Who is it for?
>
> (Your quoting looks off)

Ha ha. It's my email client that's a little bit off.

> It is - sadly or not - for people with some knowledge of the unix shell (command line) and digital video processing. There are projects (like HandBrake) that can similarly help but do not have the same requirements.

HandBrake doesn't do remuxing. It only does transcoding. By the way,
I've been using command line interfaces since the early 1970s. I began
using UNIX when UNIX was a pup.

> I am not convinced that it should be a goal for us to change this but I know that many people who want to work with FFmpeg improved their shell skills and learned a lot about digital video when working with FFmpeg.

I have very deep knowledge and experience with both digital and analog
video at the engineering level -- I'm a development EE, retired -- going
back 40 years. What I don't have is experience with ff*.