[FFmpeg-user] Basic dash muxing

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 19:02:50 EET 2020

Am Mo., 2. März 2020 um 15:48 Uhr schrieb Jesús Aguilar Armijo
<jesus at itec.aau.at>:

> 1.- The input video is a 20 seconds h265 encoded video from a .yuv file,
> is that input correct? I understand that the dash command creates
> segments and manifest files from a previously encoded video, so it
> should be correct at my understanding.

It is (with above command line) unnecessary: Since you are re-encoding
(-c:v libx265) any input is accepted and will be converted into h265.

Theoretically, you can copy the video stream from input to output (-c:v copy)
in this case the input has to be h265 encoded (if that's what you need).

Carl Eugen